This tastes just like summer.
We made this for lunch about a month ago- and now we are seeing it all over the place- with one big difference- this recipe has no garlic.
We made it because it was lemon-centric and because it did not contain any garlic.
Summer in a pasta!.
Summer in a Pasta Recipe
Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
1 lb spaghetti
½ cup slivered almonds
1 oz parmesan cheese cut into 1″ pieces
⅓ cup EVOO
2T finely chopped chives
- Peel the zest from the lemons in long, wide pieces- trying to get only the yellow peel
- Boil 2 qts of water, 2 tsp salt, and half the zest until boiling, then discard the zest
- Add spaghetti and cook until al dente- about 8-12 minutes
- Before draining the pasta, measure out 1 ½ cups of the cooking water. Drain pasta and return to pot
- In a food processor combine the rest of the lemon strips, parmesan cheese, almond, salt & pepper. Process for 10-20 seconds.
- Add the EVOO and process for another 10 seconds until the oil is mixed in.
- Add the pesto and ½ cup of the saved water to the pasta. Toss to combine and add more water, if necessary
- Toss in chives, additional grated cheese, and S & P.