Gretchen Zelek is a Functional Aging Specialist, Certified Group Fitness Instructor, Ageless Grace Educator and the founder of dod fitness tools. She has presented at numerous national conferences, speaking about Baby Boomers and Functional Aging.
- What would be your favorite “last meal”?: A Green Goddess salad from Little Flower Cafe in Pasadena CA with Olive Oil Cake for dessert.
- What are your favorite movies and or books?: Movies: “BIg Fish”, “Shawshank Redemption” and “It’s a Wonderful LIfe”.
- Favorite Season?: Whenever it is not snowing.
- Do you have a pet?: We have always had big dogs. We now have a 7 pound Pomeranian/Chihuahua rescue.
- What are 3 pieces of advice for a happy life?: 1) It's all just stuff 2) Make sure when you put your head down at night you were a good person that day 3) If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
- Coffee, Tea or something else?: Always a latte in the morning (made by my husband), golden milk, iced tea and lots of water during the day.
- What would you tell your 16 year old self?: Rely on your gut. Reach out to people. Ask more questions. Eat more vegetables.
Annie Gibbons is a Functional Trainer and owns the personal training company, One on One, where she provides her clients with the tools, education, and motivation to achieve life changing fitness goals.
- What would be your favorite “last meal”?: Eggplant Parm from the North End Boston. Tiramisu for dessert.
- What are your favorite movies and or books?: Movie- El Torino with Clint Eastwood. Book: The Poisonwood Bible.
- Favorite Season?: Fall
- Do you have a pet?: Dogs. We have always had them. Mostly labs, now we have a Chesapeake bay Retriever, named Walter and a rescue named Genna that we inherited when my dad passed away.
- What are 3 pieces of advice for a happy life?: 1) Use your heart and your head. 2) Always be planning an adventure. 3) Never be afraid to try something new.
- Coffee, Tea or something else?: Tea in the evening, water all day.
- What would you tell your 16 year old self?: Learn more about how $ works. Keep using your heart and your head, it will continue to serve you well