Coastal Grandmother is a real thing. It has been around forever – just without a name. You don’t need to be a grandmother or even live on the coast. It’s about how you live your life- slowing down and taking time to enjoy the little things.
Coastal Grandmother is living your best life, enjoying life’s small moments. Cultivating moments of happiness. Enjoy what you have.
Coastal Grandmother is living a life that is comfortable – easy – unfussy – effortless – simple – laid back – slower and “less but better”.
Some material things you might enjoy to fulfill those CG vibes:
- If you are going to eat oysters, why not have a dedicated oyster plate?
- Wanna open them like a pro? If you only learn one thing from today’s blog it is this: USE a Jean Dubost Laguiole Oyster Opener! It’s seriously life-changing!
- Wear anything Jenni Kayne and just reading her book will give you the laid-back luxe coastal grandma vibes.
- A great cookie recipe. This is the one everybody asks for. Old Deerfield Sugar & Spice Cookies. You will thank me later.
DEERFIELD SUGAR & SPICE COOKIES
Preheat oven 350
¾ cup butter
1 cup sugar
¼ cup molasses
Sift together and add:
2 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cloves
¾ tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
Form into balls. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Press them with the bottom of a greased, sugared glass.
Bake at 350 for 7 to 10 minutes
Cool on a baking tray for 5 minutes and then cool on the rack for at least another 10 minutes.
- A cozy blanket from ChappyWrap. A wonderful mother-daughter team from Maine makes the most comfortable and pretty blankets available.
- And of course, slippers from LL Bean. I live in these.
And some things to keep you MOVING so you are able to ENJOY your CG life:
Weights. YOU HAVE TO USE WEIGHTS! Sorry for yelling- but it’s really important. We use the Bala bangles & weights as well as the Amazon Basics dumbbells. You will build muscle, improve heart health, strengthen bones & burn body fat, ’nuff said.
Jump. For Bone Density! Do anything that will build up bone mass and strength.
Try jump roping (we love this one)
Go for it and jump on a jump sports fitness tramp.
If you haven’t heard, you need strong bones to live the best life.
Being a coastal grandmother is all about aging enthusiastically! As always, please comment, as if you have questions and let us know if there is something you want to know.
Aging Enthusiastically Yours,
Gretchen & Annie
Follow us on: